Whether you have a clear idea of the career path you wish to embark upon, or you are keeping your options open, your GCSE results strongly affect your further education and future career plans. Thus, it’s imperative to ensure good grades, which open doors to further levels of study, and keep them open.
When it comes to taking examinations, especially GCSE Mathematics, it is important to revise each topic and module in as much detail as possible, in order to achieve a high grade.
It can be easy to forget just how important it is to achieve a satisfactory grade in Mathematics. For the majority of jobs, a minimum grade of a C is essential, so to avoid the disappointment of being rejected for a job purely on this basis, do some research beforehand to ensure you know what grades to aim for. For example, Engineering courses such as Chemical Engineering: you’ll usually need A-levels or equivalent in Chemistry and Mathematics, and physics for other engineering courses, which in turn means you’ll need to have good GCSE grades in Mathematics.
GCSE Mathematics re-sits take place in November, so you could study for these alongside your A-levels. But you may need to wait until next summer if you need to re-sit more subjects. Who needs the added stress, when a great result first off can be easily achieved?
Some universities might not accept GCSE retakes for competitive degrees like medicine; if you have an idea of what you want to study at university, research the entry requirements to see what’s open to you. Again, keep those options open.
So to recap on the above:
- Employability: Mathematical skills are essential in many professional and workplaces.
- Life skills: Mathematical concepts and problem-solving skills are applicable in everyday life.
- Career opportunities: Certain careers and professions have specific entry requirements and a good grade in GCSE Maths can open doors.
- Higher education: Many degree programmes have Maths as a core or recommended subject.
- Personal development: Maths promotes logical thinking, problem solving abilities and analytical reasoning. These are all important regardless of the career path you wish to pursue.
With LessonWise you can unlock your child’s academic success with personalised 1-to-1 online GCSE Maths tuition.
→ Learning tailored to your child.
→ Qualified DBS-checked tutors.
→ Learn online from anywhere.
→ Interactive and engaging tuition.
Please visit our site and fill in your details. We’ll get back to you soonest.
#maths #mathematics #math #mathstudents #gcse #gcsemaths #exams #lessonwise